Unusual silence!

Well - all I can say is that I've been holding a watching brief since the last General election. Watching the man who won the seat I wanted, watching our MP's who have Ministerial positions. Feeling excited, wary, upset, cautious and ambitious - in equal measure. My immediate reaction to coming second was "Never again" - but, heck, I miss the cut and thrust of politics and I'm arrogant enough to think I have experience to offer - so I'm up for it again!!!

Monday 31 August 2009

A small hiatus.....

...well it's hard to make research on-line interesting to read by other people, so I haven't bored you all with it. A lot of political work is unseen - but that isn't a euphemism for covert! If I am to stand up and argue for my constituents, I have to be very sure of my facts! I am going to Bournemouth for our conference - taking my caravan which will become my "battle bus" next Spring - and will be stocked up for late night chats on each conference evening. I already have our policy documents from LibDem HQ and am looking forward to debating the detailed proposals.
If any reader would like to suggest matters to raise, either formally in debates, over the supper table or in the inevitable bar - do let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A family photo

A family photo
Sun shining!

Who am I and what's this all about?

Hi - I am a Liberal Democrat, was a Liberal - will always be in this party, warts and all. Lots of us have staggered since the General Election as some compromises are hard to take but, in the end, my beliefs are exactly those of my Party and therefore --- I'm here for the duration (mine that is!!)