Unusual silence!

Well - all I can say is that I've been holding a watching brief since the last General election. Watching the man who won the seat I wanted, watching our MP's who have Ministerial positions. Feeling excited, wary, upset, cautious and ambitious - in equal measure. My immediate reaction to coming second was "Never again" - but, heck, I miss the cut and thrust of politics and I'm arrogant enough to think I have experience to offer - so I'm up for it again!!!

Thursday 5 May 2011

Decision time!

....in all sorts of ways!



  • Today's the day that the public make their decision about continuing to support the old "First Past the Post" voting system which has ensured that the majority of the population have never voted for the people who are elected to represent them!


  • Today's the day that the public decide which party they want in power locally to run the business of North Norfolk District Council - a business which has been run very effectively for the past few years by my party - the Liberal Democrats.


  • Today's the day that - in those Parishes lucky enough to have people who will volunteer to stand for election - Parish members can choose who they want to control local decision making, using directly accessible grants - true democracy in the best sense of the word.



other, more personal, decisions must wait until I see the result of the election. That is due at around 4.30am tomorrow - such devotion to civic duty must count for something!!

Watch this space followers and friends - as soon as I know - you will too!!



Off on a final campaign circuit - a bientot!!

Jacky

1 comment:

A family photo

A family photo
Sun shining!

Who am I and what's this all about?

Hi - I am a Liberal Democrat, was a Liberal - will always be in this party, warts and all. Lots of us have staggered since the General Election as some compromises are hard to take but, in the end, my beliefs are exactly those of my Party and therefore --- I'm here for the duration (mine that is!!)