Unusual silence!

Well - all I can say is that I've been holding a watching brief since the last General election. Watching the man who won the seat I wanted, watching our MP's who have Ministerial positions. Feeling excited, wary, upset, cautious and ambitious - in equal measure. My immediate reaction to coming second was "Never again" - but, heck, I miss the cut and thrust of politics and I'm arrogant enough to think I have experience to offer - so I'm up for it again!!!

Thursday 15 April 2010

My personal contract with the voters of South Norfolk

I want to be the voice for change and fairness and fight for the issues facing those who live and work here.

I feel the country has been let down by Labour and that South Norfolk in particular would suffer under the Tories who are out of touch with the ordinary person on the street. Their policies are all about looking after their wealthy supporters. Their stranglehold on South Norfolk must be ended.

The following is my personal contract with the people of South Norfolk and, whether you vote for me or not, please hold me to it if I am elected as your Member of Parliament.


I will put local people first.

I will be there to help, listen to your concerns and stand up for our community. I will be a strong voice for South Norfolk.

I will continue to campaign for better care for the elderly, disabled and vulnerable.

I will fight against education budget cuts to ensure every child gets a fair start in life.

I want more of South Norfolk’s empty homes brought into use to cut down the massive waiting list for housing.

I will fight to protect our precious countryside – there are many sources of renewable energy that can be harnessed as an alternative to wind farms.

I will stand alongside the county’s fire fighters in protesting against service cuts.

I will fight for better infrastructure, in particular road and rail, as I believe this is essential to our future economic prosperity and I want to see better job opportunities and our market towns thriving again.

I will be honest, open and available to talk to.

I will not make promises I cannot keep.

I will publish every expense I claim.

3 comments:

  1. I am interested in your views on renewable energy - "I will fight to protect our precious countryside – there are many sources of renewable energy that can be harnessed as an alternative to wind farms."
    What are the many sources referred to? You seem to after both the Green vote and the NIMBY vote.
    I think wind power is the only renewable source that South Norfolk can offer - not much scope for hydroelectric schemes here!
    D.K., Loddon

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, are you resident in South Norfolk? Your declared home address is Melton Constable but the postcode is Tacolneston! Very confusing.
    D.K., Loddon

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the talk is on dueling the A11 for better road links from Norfolk to the rest of the country.The A140 is always a very busy road as well.18,000 cars whiz through Long Stratton every week causing smog and a hazard to us residents.We need a bypass will you campaign for us as well????

    ReplyDelete

A family photo

A family photo
Sun shining!

Who am I and what's this all about?

Hi - I am a Liberal Democrat, was a Liberal - will always be in this party, warts and all. Lots of us have staggered since the General Election as some compromises are hard to take but, in the end, my beliefs are exactly those of my Party and therefore --- I'm here for the duration (mine that is!!)