Unusual silence!

Well - all I can say is that I've been holding a watching brief since the last General election. Watching the man who won the seat I wanted, watching our MP's who have Ministerial positions. Feeling excited, wary, upset, cautious and ambitious - in equal measure. My immediate reaction to coming second was "Never again" - but, heck, I miss the cut and thrust of politics and I'm arrogant enough to think I have experience to offer - so I'm up for it again!!!

Sunday 25 October 2009

The Beginning of the End

Summertime is officially over and I for one was glad of an extra hour in bed this morning, while wondering at the same time if it was worth the effort of altering every clock, phone and piece of IT in the house!
It's always a time of reflection for me - the start of the winter months. I am doing a lot of driving around beautiful South Norfolk at the moment - talking to people. We are surrounded by the wonderful colours of Autumn but for many people Winter is already here. If you are unemployed, getting older or struggling to raise a family, the costs of cold weather are truly terrifying. If you are running a retail business, you are probably pinning your hopes on the pre-Christmas rush - will it happen, when people's priorities are more to do with keeping warm and/or eating at all?
How has this happened to Great Britain? We are not a Third World country - indeed China and India are developing at a stunning rate. The much vaunted "recovery" may well be happening in the Stock Market, or the Banks of the City (Tory heartlands both) but it certainly hasn't arrived in our market towns and villages!
Time for an election Gordon - don't hang on to the bitter end. Talk to the people of South Norfolk as I do - their bitterness is growing by the day!

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to hearing about your experiences under the national health service. Best wishes for your minor op and hope you will soon be back on the campaign trail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jane - as a follower (for which further thanks!) you will know that I'm out and about after a VERY fast visit to hospital
    Jacky

    ReplyDelete

A family photo

A family photo
Sun shining!

Who am I and what's this all about?

Hi - I am a Liberal Democrat, was a Liberal - will always be in this party, warts and all. Lots of us have staggered since the General Election as some compromises are hard to take but, in the end, my beliefs are exactly those of my Party and therefore --- I'm here for the duration (mine that is!!)